Monday, March 17, 2008

Typing in my boredom

So some more emergency maint. today. Not a huge deal as I was kind of expecting it. You can't expect the poor employees who run this thing NOT to have a few kinks to work out. People who complain about downtime and such, I say to you:

"You go out, you learn how to program, you design and program a game as intricate as this one and you try to upkeep it."


Only then can you really, truly, be allowed to bitch and moan. Otherwise...well shut the hell up. =/
This game doesn't nearly have as much downtime as games like WoW so people should be happy about that. *has memories of her server being offline for three whole days out of nowhere*


So anyway. Zuriel got home from work for lunch and I gave him the idea of us doing some more Nation Rank missions tonight. Hopefully that will work out. Hell, I'm willing to even trying them duo, it would be fun methinks. Lately, I find myself turning into an anal stickler worrying about numbers and dying/loosing xp. Today I thought..."Why?" Since when have I become some anal player who's afraid to try something just for the hell of it?
After this I ran around Sandy catching up on some quests. I'm not in Sandy very much, and I happened to log out there..so yeah... Had some fun running around gathering items and such.

I also got to listen to Zuriel rant for hours and hours about dune parties. Heheh..... Honestly, its powerleveling and spoon feeding people levels here, when you should be learning your job, that makes bad players. This is why I don't powerlevel anymore. Sure, fast xp is great, but hell, I even found myself clueless when I hit the 40's for the first time. I started the game late and the majority of my parties had plers.... As a white mage, it annoyed me because I felt it was pointless for me to be there. At level 40-ish I found myself learning my job for the first time....I thought to myself..."This isn't right...I should know this." It irritated me and I knew it was because of the power leveling. Honestly, I wont be modest, I catch on quick and I learn fast, so I was fine. Now I make it a point to solo/duo etc with each new job I play, and experiment with the abilities. I actually don't like parties with power levelers. Especially since the time on my other character, a 60 whm at the time, watching as the parties red mage brought a75 white mage with them to power level. I was flipping mad, it's rude to me, especially at the level, to bring a healer along when HELLO I'M HERE! They didn't stop when they saw I was healing either...it pissed me off and made me bored. Anyway, yeah I don't like power leveling.

So, I found my Mannequin Legs for much, much cheaper than Zuriel. Who promptly mumbled for me to shove them down my throat. (jokingly, I love him ♥ hehe) I'll be doing bcnms for the rest of the body parts shortly.

Now off to tidy up the house and such while I wait for maintenance to be over.

No comments: